Rockies Release Lopez

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Rockies announced today that they have released catcher Javy Lopez. Lopez, who was the odd man out behind Chris Iannetta, who is having a great spring, and Yorvit Torrealba. Lopez signed a one year deal worth 1 million dollars in the off season; however, not that he has been released, he does not think he will go anywhere else as a backup. "I don't think I'll go anywhere else as a backup. The way I feel, I can easily be an everyday catcher. If I'm not an everyday catcher, I'd rather not play this year or retire." Lopez batted .251 with 8 HR and 35 RBI with the Orioles and Red Sox.

2 comments:

Anonymous 5:05 PM CDT  

I can see the Devil Rays or Astros maybe making a move.

Eli 6:01 PM CDT  

i was thinking the astros....the devil rays might but only if he accepts a minor league deal.