Interview with Nick Green

Friday, April 25, 2008

A couple of weeks ago, I placed a call to the Salt Lake Bees about possibly interviewing Nick Green and Nick Adenhart. After being sent to a couple different people, we were finally able to get it done. Both Green and Adenhart are off to good starts this season, and I, like many Angels fans, look forward to seeing them in the MLB. The interview had to be cut down because of time, but they seem like good guys nonetheless. I want to thank them for doing this for me and I also want to thank Hannah Lee of the Salt Lake Bees for getting this done, I really appreciate it.

ELI: You were first drafted by the Astros, what were your main reasons for not signing?


NICK: Going from high school to college without being drafted, I was told I could go further if I waited. Also, our junior college team did great the year before I went there and I wanted to see if we could take the championship.

ELI: You were in big league camp this spring, what was that like?


NICK: It was a fun experience. It was great to see how the MLB guys performed on and off the field.

ELI: Were there any pitchers offering good advice that you took away from camp?


NICK: I learned that it's important not to give the hitters too much credit; as a pitcher, you've got to trust your stuff.

ELI: Who was the toughest hitter you faced all Spring?

NICK: Probably Troy Tulowitzki, he is a good hitter.

0 comments: