Sunday, April 13, 2008
The second addition of Stock Rising or Falling:
Nate McLouth, Pirates
- McLouth really broke out versus the Cubs last week and it has been all up hill from there. He was being snatched up in fantasy leagues that missed, and his teammates recently voted him most likely to breakout this season.
Mike Jacobs, Marlins
- Jacobs has struggled thus far in his Marlins career, but is finally showing signs of power. He has got five homeruns so far, and he would really help the Marlins if he can stay hot.
Gavin Floyd, White Sox
- Had a one hitter going into the eighth inning, but was still able to get the win. Gavin Floyd is available in most leagues, and if he continues to pitch well and the White Sox remain hot, he should easily get double-digit wins.
Honorable Mention: Evan Longoria, Rays
Rich Harden, Athletics
- After everyone thought he was going to be okay, he lands on the DL. No one is sure when he will be back, but I would expect the A's to take their time with him.
Rich Hill, Cubs
- After failing to find the strike zone in two starts, Lou Piniella moved him to the bullpen.
Roy Oswalt, Astros
- His fastball has slowed down, but he refuses to adjust. It could be a long year for Oswalt.
Honorable Mention: Felix Pie, Cubs and Andruw Jones, Dodgers.