Ripken Wants to Coach

Saturday, April 14, 2007

New Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. says he would like to coach after his kids are grown. Ripken, 46, a two-time most valuable player who played in a Major League Baseball-record 2,632 straight games, says he would like to be a manager but wouldn't mind being a coach, anything he thinks can make the game better. "I love the thought of being a manager; the strategic nature of it," Ripken said. "Or a coach. Maybe some of the things Dad taught me, I could pass along to some younger kids and make the game better. Those two jobs would interest me." However, Ripken may look to be a co-owner of the Orioles if Angelos decides to sell them. "If he ever decides he wants to sell, I'd explore the possibility of being in the ownership group," Ripken said.

0 comments: