Sunday, December 30, 2007
It is nice to be back after my trip, and I am ready to get back to work. I want to thank everyone for being so patient while I was gone, and I plan to get the site back to full speed for 2008. But as of today, here is what is making news:
- Livan Hernandez is in serious talks with an unknown team, according to a source close to the player. I was not told any teams, but the teams I have been hearing include the Cardinals, Mets, Rockies, Tigers, and Mariners.
- Former Phillies pitcher Kyle Lohse is still on the market, and does not appear close to a deal. The Mets and talks with his agent have slowed, and I have heard from an unnamed source that he has had talks with the Reds, Cardinals, Mariners, Rockies, and one anonymous team, among others.
- Corey Patterson is still looking for a job, and could wind up in Chicago. Both teams are looking for an outfielder, and he would probably come at a reduced price.
- The Pirates are still interested in Michael Barrett, and are willing to depart with two low-level prospects.
- The Orioles have cooled on the idea of trading Brian Roberts, but talks with the Cubs are still ongoing. The Cubs would probably have to part with Sean Gallagher, along with Eric Patterson, and at least one other prospect, maybe two. I have heard Jake Fox's name be mentioned, but nothing else beyond that.
- The Marlins and Rockies remain interested in Mike Maroth.
- The Mets are reportedly closing in on a one year deal with Freddy Garia.
- The Rangers are still in talks with Jason Jennings and Bartolo Colon.
- The Athletics have not had talks with either the Rockies or Mets about Joe Blanton.
- The Orioles are still shopping Kevin Millar, which would suggest that ownership is still not happy with his Fenway Park appearance.
- The Rangers are interested in Tony Clark, and seem to be the only team showing serious interest in him.
More tomorrow, Happy New Year!