Manager's Finding New Homes

Thursday, November 9, 2006

Cubs- Lou Piniella
Pades- Bud Black
Giants- Bruce Bochy
Rangers- Ron Washington
Marlins- Fredi Gonzalez
Athletics- Bob Geren
Nationals- Manny Acta

My guess is Manny Acta will be the Nationals manager while it is unclear who the lead runner for the A's job is. I'm sure Dusty Baker would happily take it, but is Billy Beane giving Dusty Baker a thought. My guess for poor Baker is he will sit out a year or two and find a job.

Which of these Managers will have the most success?
-It may be too early to tell. All I can hope is that Ron Washington, long waiting for his chance to manage can turn the slumping Rangers around into a playoff caliber team. I'm sure Bud Black can salvage another playoff bid with his Padres.

The real tests though: Lou Pinella and the Cubs. Will Jim Hendry give a solid team for Lou to work with, and will Lou convert that into a winning club in the years to come. Only time will tell.

0 comments: