Julio Franco Retires

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The oldest player to ever hit a homerun, Julio Franco, has decided to hang it up. Franco, 49, was playing in the Mexican League this season, but still called it the hardest decision of his life. "It was the hardest decision in my life," Franco said in an interview published Saturday by Mexican sports daily Record. "I always said I would be the first one to know the exact moment. I think the numbers speak for themselves, the production speaks and this is the right moment." In twenty three major league season, he has hit .298 with 2,586 hits and 173 home runs. However, in twenty six professional years, so including Japan, Korea, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic, he has a combined 4,229 hits.

Very impressive career, but probably not Hall of Fame worthy.

1 comments:

Anonymous 3:57 PM CDT  

I dont know. I think his career has bin great. I think he should make the HOF. He has become almost a household name.